Here is a list of codes I have put together for you to help you learn Coupon Lingo.
AR: After rebate
BOGO: Buy1, Get1FREE
B1G2: Buy1, Get2FREE
CAT: Catalina; coupon machine next to register.
DOLLAR DOUBLER: Store coupons that allow you to double a $1 Manufacture coupon.
EB: CVS extra bucks, also known as ECB’s.
E-Coupons – Electronic coupons may be downloaded onto your store loyalty card or cell phone. Grocery coupons must be downloaded to your loyalty card and will be deducted automatically when you swipe your card at checkout. These can be downloaded directly from your grocer’s website.
FS: Free Shipping
GM: General Mills Coupon Insert
In-ad Q: The coupon is found in the flyer (In advertisement coupon)
IP: Internet printable coupons may be printed right from your home computer. Limited to only 2 prints per device.
LTC: Load to card (Stop & Shop, Savingstar, CVS, ShopRite)
MIR: Mail-In Rebate
One Coupon Per Purchase: You are able to use 1 coupon per item.
One Coupon Per Transaction: Limits you to only using one of this coupon per transaction. You may request to do separate transactions.*Example: If you have 5 coupons that read “one coupon per transaction” you may request to separate into 5 transactions and pay 5 times.
OOP: Out of pocket
OOS: Out of stock
OYNO: On your next order
P&G: Proctor and Gamble coupon Insert
PSA: Prices starting at
PSP: Pre sale price
- A Rain Check is a written slip that you can request from a store when a sale item is out of stock.
- When the store restocks the item, after the sale period is over, a rain check entitles you to purchase for the previous sale price.
- Store may include an expiration date as well as a quantity limit on your rain check.
RP: Red Plum coupon insert
RR: Register rewards; Walgreen’s (also known as WAGS)
- Join for free and register your drugstore and grocery loyalty cards. (for example, your Stop and Shop card, Kmart card, Shaw’s Card, Shoprite card, etc.)
- Click on the e-coupons that you want to get and they will be linked to all of your registered store loyalty cards.
- When you use your loyalty card @ checkout your savings are automatically added to your SavingStar account w/in 2-30 days depending on the store.
- Once your accumulated savings in your SavingStar account reach $5, you can pick your payout from a deposit into your bank or PayPal account, or a donation to American Forests.
SS: Smart Source coupon Insert
Stacking Coupons: Stacking coupons refers to using both a store and a manufacturer coupon on one product. Only one manufacturer coupon may be used per item.
Tear Pad: A pad of manufacturer coupons found near products on shopping aisles. Tear pad manufacturer coupons may be used at any store, not just the one where you found the coupon.
UP+: Up + Rewards from Rite-Aid
WYB: When you buy
Examples of Coupon Inserts – how to read them
- 12/04/15 GM (Dec 4,2015) General Mills Insert
- 1/15/12 SS, Jan 15, 2o12 Smart Source Insert
- 1/29/12 PG, Jan 29, 2012 Proctor and Gamble Insert
- 1/22/12 RP, Jan 22, 2012 RedPlum Coupon Insert