How are you today?
Over the weekend I had a chance to go out and visit a party store! I have not been to a party store in over a year! It has been that long!!!
My sister and I were looking through the aisles for “Graduation” items! There was just so much stuff to look at! What do we want? Do we want to color cooridinate? What will look good? Do we want the practical colors or the flashy stuff? Choices, choices, and so many choices! Have you been in this situation before where you just don’t know what to get?
30 Minutes later Graduation items were picked; no flashy stuff, just cool stuff was placed into the shopping carriage! I usually try to have a coupon or two on me when I shop. Today, I did not have a coupon on me! Total shocker, I know! While I was unloading my items, I just plainly asked the cashier if there were any coupon(s) available I could use on my purchases. She mentioned that I could possibly look at Retailmenot (online app). I asked my sister if she could use her phone to search the app to see if there was any coupon(s) available. She was looking and all the while the cashier says, Lets see, I have a 25% OFF Coupon here! Let’s see if it’s the same one for Retailmenot! It was pretty much the same! SCORE! 25% Off Coupon for me to use! I saved $11 off my purchases from getting the 25% off coupon from the cashier! I was really happy!!!! 🙂
If you don’t ask you won’t know if there are any available coupons!
I asked and was surprised that Yes, there was a coupon available!
My sister also got to use that 25% Off Coupon for her purchases as well!
Anything to stretch the dollar to help you save!
Here is a list I put together for you, “3o Ways To Stretch Your Money“!
I hope you find great savings with it!
- Shop at thrift stores
- Make your lunches to bring to work.
- Look at your supermarket sales flyer.
- If you shop online, use Ebates, Get a $10 Bonus when You Use My Link! Get Paid To Shop!
- Paint your own nails.
- Color your own hair.
- Wash your clothes in cold water.
- Shop at Family Dollar.
- Shop at The Dollar Tree store.
- Pay your bills on time = No Late Fees!
- Turn off lights when not in use.
- Lower your thermostat.
- Buy a Keurig machine – Cut back on Dunkin Donuts
- Go to your local library to Rent books, CD’s, Movies.
- Use the Flipp App (the easiest way to browse flyers and save money)
- Take The Bus/transit
- Use Coupons to get a discount
- Cook a meal
- Plan your weekly meals
- Use your ATM from your bank = No Transaction Fee!
- Weather strip windows and doors.
- Use old shirts and towels for rags.
- Buy energy efficient appliances.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs.
- Don’t waste water; Turn faucet off when brushing your teeth, washing dishes.
- Don’t grocery shop when you are hungry!
- Eat at home more often vs. eating out.
- Request generic brands for medication.
- Use reusable bags.